Durham Rape Crisis Centre
The Durham Rape Crisis Centre is a feminist organization that believes in the equality of all people regardless of race, class, sexual orientation or gender.
We are committed to taking an active role in our community to end all forms of violence against women and children.
As a Rape Crisis Centre we work with and provide support services to recent as well as historical or childhood survivors of sexual assault, sexual harassment, and childhood sexual abuse and their families.
Covid 19 Announcement
UPDATE: March 17th 2020
For the safety and health of our clients, staff, and community the Durham Rape Crisis Center will be operating remotely, which means our office will be closed temporarily, and services will be delivered via phone or zoom/video. The 24/7 crisis and support line for survivors is still operational and available. For more information please e-mail email@example.com. COVID 19 Announcement
March 13th 2020
In response to the COVID-19 Virus, the DRCC will be operating business continuity with the following practices for prevention support, effective immediately and until further notice:
- All groups/trainings will be cancelled/postponed
- All non-essential travel and meetings will be cancelled/postponed
- Screening notice and questions to be completed by telephone for clients
- Screening notice and questions posted on front door
- Telephone or Zoom counselling options provided to clients
- Practice personal hygiene (handwashing, hand sanitizer, avoid direct contact) and cleaning practices
- Self isolation if symptomatic/positive or have travelled
Our goal at this point is to continue to provide service for our clients while implementing supportive alternative and preventative measures. The situation may change as more information comes forward. We will revisit and update you accordingly.
Our 24/7 crisis line will continue to support clients in crisis during this time.
View Full Calendar
There are no upcoming events at this time.